Only half an hour from Cherbourg, you will find yourself in the depths of the French countryside, yet only 5mins from the beautiful sandy beaches of the west Cotentin coast.
Jersey and Guernsey are easily seen, just across the water and we share with them a micro climate wamed by the gulf stream.
Whether your tastes in recreation are cultural or sporty and whether you want to fill your days or just relax, there is something for everyone.
The area is so steeped in history, from the departure of William the Conqueror, on his way to England, through to the arrival of the allies, in 1944, and beyond, you will find ample evidence and monuments that testify to an unrivalled and action packed past and present.
Our comprehensive folder will tell you about the local markets, the pick of the restaurants, museums, gardens, beaches, ports, golf courses and all the numerous other activities. We think that every sporting, leisure or cultural activity can be found nearby. When you book, let us know where your interests lie and we will point you in the right direction.
Within easy striking distance, are some of the wonders of Normandy:
- Cherbourg – Shopping, museums galleries and the fabulous Cite de la Mer.
- Bayeux - If you can, visit the Cathedral and see the incredible tapestry.
- Mont St Michel - Spectacular when you first see it on the skyline and fascinating to wander through it’s narrow streets to the top of the ramparts.
- Arromanches – Here you can see part of the mulberry harbour designed to last for three months, still there after nearly sixty years.
- Festyland – Day out for the young ones near Caen.
- Jersey and Guernsey – Day trips from the nearby picturesque port of Carteret.